Celebrate your accomplishments! from Niecy Nash Official Web Site

Sep 12
Celebrate your accomplishments!
Posted by Niecy on September 12th, 2008 under Do Not Disturb, The Blog

I’m tired!!! I am a mother of three with a demanding career. Demanding.

It’s a good tired though because I am living my dream. I know so many people who don’t have the courage to live their dream. Weather its fear of success or fear of failure….it’s a hot mess! Fear causes you to be paralyzed, immobile, and rooted in wrong. If you find yourself in that place, do all you can to get out. You don’t have to eat a whole side of a cow to know that it’s beef. All it takes is a bite! Pray about it, talk about, write down the vision for your life and press toward the mark No Matter What! The right now of your life is a gift….that’s why its called the present. If fear is not your friend and you are walking out your goals, don’t forget to celebrate yourself. Celebrate your accomplishments. I’m preparing to have a party to celebrate Do Not Disturb. I’m the only African American woman who got a pilot picked up this season. I’m proud of that.

Even if my show gets canceled, I’m celebrating the fact that it was picked up! I’m celebrating the fact that I’m walking out my destiny one footstep at a time. Fearless. Strong. Happy. Not Perfect. Funny. Very Funny….Very Happy.

Get Into It!
Niecy

17 Responses to “Celebrate your accomplishments!”

• Kristye Lee Said on December 31st, 2008 at 10:32 pm

Dear Niecy,
    I just want to tell you that you are SUCH a genuine person with a heart as big as gold. You are such a strong person and have so many talents and have accomplished so much in your life.
    I have been watching your show “Clean House” from the begining and have followed you through with different cast members (the current crew- PLEASE KEEP) because everyone works so well together. At times I know the lines are written but I swear that the crew play off each other and say things that couldn’t be written.
    My biggest dream, that I played out all the time, is that you are mentoring me to be your “co-host” for New York Clean House. While I’m watching Clean House, I’ll act like the host (not with the mostess- that’s YOU- I’m semi mostess)but change everything to reflect me doing the show in New York. My mother thinks that I have diffently lost my mind because I will do the finger, say things about rooms and the foolishness that goes on. When it comes time to have the “talk” I’ll sit on the couch and listen to what you have to say and then do “my talk.” I’m always saying the if Clean House every did a show on the east coast that I would some how audition knowing that I have no chance in the world because I have no acting skills and I’m sure there would be plenty to choose from to host the show but I would love to try it out. And when that time of year comes to find the messy house I would love to join up with you and your crew and with my crew (which I envision them to be as hot and funny as your crew)we would be able to make a family very happy.

I just simply enjoy you and your confidence that you have about yourself. Someday I would love to meet you and even get a chance to make my dream come true and be able to follow in your foot steps and make one house hold free of clutter, foolishness and mayhem. Now lets go relax and get our hair and nails done. Uhm- you know thats what I’m going to go do.
    Stay beautiful and god bless you. Kristye Fountain

• Mike and Tom Said on January 15th, 2009 at 9:18 pm

I’m sure you get a huge amount of emails and I wanted to send mine. We both think you are amazing on a lot of different levels. Clean House is really all about you and the way you try to help people get their lives together. Your team does a great job, of course, but we watch it because you care about people and it shows that you want people to live better lives.
    Thanks for making us laugh. I work for Trader Joe’s, and have accumulated about 60 Hawaiain shirts over 7 years and Tom quoted you and said, “you need to get ride of these extra shirts. So, we decided I can keep 22 shirts, one for each work day in a month. We laughed while we were cleaning out our closets.
    You should celebrate your success, and remember that there are MANY people that you affect in a really great, entertaining and personal way. Thank you, Niecy.

• Renita Said on January 21st, 2009 at 8:29 pm

Niecy please come back to clean house. Every episode I watch with you in it really gets me motivated and I get great ideas. I especially love, love , love your sit downs, you need to come see me. I and my family really miss you, please come back.

• Maine Said on January 23rd, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Do you have any need for a look-a-like or stand-in for anything. I have a lady that is exactly your match. I emailed Suzy the info and the pictures, so you may want to check with her. Its just an idea. Happy Trails!

• Tracy Said on January 29th, 2009 at 1:24 am

Neicy,
    Love you as a person,and a performer. Love your show Clean House. i just recently went to a yard sale in Fallbrook. wanted to say “hi” you were very busy ): I wanted ask you a personal question what on earth kinda bra do you wear? I told Trish I wanted to ask you that she giggled, and made the comment that those babies were jacked to jesus. Have to tell I use that line now! My granddaughter who is 10 loves the show too, and my daughters fans now too! Your awesome keep up the good work.
    Tracy

• Nikole Wicks Said on February 13th, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Hey Neicy! I really enjoy watching you on Clean House. You are just a hoot! :) Anyways I really appreciate this post because I do live in fear of failure. I have been dealing with anxiety for most of my life and I am slowly but surely peeling that shell off in my life. I am currently pursuing a degree in Interior Design due to my passion for decoration and beautifying. I never thought of celebrating the fact that I am stepping out of my shell one little bite at a time. I am going to do that tonight with my Husband. No Neicy just dinner! You dirty girl LOL

Thanks for your inspiration!

Nikole

• Debbie Said on February 21st, 2009 at 12:11 pm

I love you, love you, love you. I noticed many of the comments say you are an inspiration, so I guess that goes without saying, but you are the funniest person in show business and that alone is inspirational. I’m so happy you are back on clean house. Trust me, I need you badly, but just watching the show gives me motivation to get get rid of hot messes.

• Tameka Martin Said on February 25th, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Ms. Niecy,
    You are a remarkable classy woman and I love to watch whatever you are starring in or hosting. You really make me laugh and cry at the same time! My fiance and I watch Clean House all the time and we wish you would come to South Florida.
    Although you say a lot of funny things, you also give a lot of good advice and wisdom that some may overlook. Well I’m looking and listening and applying to my life and family. Thank you for all your service to us fans and sharing your thoughts and laughs with us. Because of what you give to us God will continue to give to you, the desires of your heart. God Bless.
    Bell & Martin Family

• eragmerty Said on March 2nd, 2009 at 7:08 am

Thank you!

• Judi Said on March 5th, 2009 at 5:14 am

Ms. Niecy,
    I just am enamored of your phrases and manorisms, the shows you are in may be scripted yet your personality makes whatever part you appear in shine like gold. Every thing I have ever seen you in I am impressed by your range and talent.

I recently (November 2008), began watching Clean House and since the first time I saw it I now try not miss an episode which is a real feat for me as I haven’t watched any TV in 2 years. I still do not watch much TV but Clean House is my true guilty pleasure, and I thank you for that.

I pray you and your family have a blessed 2009 and that your career soars as more people realize what a true talent you are, in addition to being a truthful, caring woman and above all else a child of God.
    With love and humor,
    Judi

• Tracy Easley Said on March 9th, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Ms. Niecy,
    I admire you for all that you have done and that you do now.
    I have three daughters, work full time and have just enrolled in college full time…at the age of 45 no less!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope that my girls grow to be strong women. As you well know, they must KNOW that they can do it themselves. They don’t need a man to be successful or complete!

Sincerely,
    Tracy

• Liz Said on March 13th, 2009 at 7:54 pm

HI I THINK YOUR FABULOUS,GORGEOUS AND
    100%+ TRUE TALENT. YOU ALWAYS PUT A SMILE ON MY FACE. I AM SAD TO SEE NEW EPISODES WITHOUT YOUR GREAT COMEDIC PRESENCE. WHAT’S HAPPENING?! MISS YA!!

• Maria Said on April 4th, 2009 at 11:17 pm

I am so happy you are coming back, Niecy! Clean House was NOT the same without you hosting. I will miss Matt on the road, though, but if we have you, that’s a start!

• Paul Tyler Said on July 10th, 2009 at 4:09 pm

Where can I buy one of those fabulous tshirts that had a cartoon likeness of you on a recent episode of Clean House?!!! There were 3 people wearing them…one in green, one in blue and one in pink. They’re awesome and SO ARE YOU! Love your show!!! I’ve gotten my mom and sister hooked on it too. You ROCK! Hugs! Paul

• ada Said on July 17th, 2009 at 1:02 am

I love you show! So does my boyfriend, except he won’t admit it.
    I walk thru my apartment everyday, to make sure that my space isn’t occupied by needless things. Although the other day, my recently Cornell graduate son was eyeing his room after 4 years. As he began to scan the bad goods and the bad, he trashed a little organizer I bought him when he was 5 years old. Being menopausal, of course!-my eyes start rolling, my armpits feel like volcanos, seeing that organizer by the curb. This is when Clean House comes in. I looked at it, carried it inside, and remember a neighbor who has a son and her life have been filled of tribulations and she still fights. Anyway, sorry for going off the subject, I went to the 1.00 store and bought coloring books, pencils, stencils, paper, construction paper and filled the organizer with the things I bought. I wheeled to my neighbor and gave it to her son. He told me he was the luckiest kid that day. It took alot to give up the organizer, I made a child happy.

Ms. Diva Flower child, just because people have houses doesn’t mean they have a HOME!
    I want to mess up my apartment so I can have you and the “Chosen ones” to help me out.

Mr. Go to Guy, can imitate you like no other.

One last thing (ok, I had some dunkin coffee) the peacock necklace was not good, it made your chest look hairy. The flowers I love, but no peacock necklace please.
    Take care, be safe

• Hetty Turkel Said on September 13th, 2009 at 4:37 pm

Neicy, I have missed you so much. I am delighted to read you are coming back. Clean House judt doesn’t work without you.

• Lara DeLuz Said on October 22nd, 2009 at 2:46 am

I especially admire and love the fact that you’re a very spiritual person. In comes through in everything you say and do! You are more than a host on a show, you show people how much fun life can be, and the fact we were designed to live this way. You inspire others to do the same. That’s a big message I believe you are getting across to millions of viewers out there. Go on with ya “bad” self girl! From another sister who is visualizing and following her dreams…Oh, my house is clean!