Celebrity Tragedy from Niecy Nash Official Web Site

Oct 28
Celebrity Tragedy
Posted by Niecy on October 28th, 2008 under The Blog

I am grieving right now at the horrific events that have happened to the family of Jennifer Hudson. I know it is crazy, but so many people don’t realize that celebrities have the same type of experiences as everyone else. I know first hand because I am one of them. When I was 15 I saw my mother get shot. The day before my 23rd birthday, my only brother was murdered. He was only 17 years old. The kind of grief I suffered in my divorce…..money could not make better. I have been so far down that I could look up and see the bottom.

My prayers go out to the Hudson family. I don’t have to imagine what it feels like because I KNOW what it feels like. Sometimes the public makes an actor or singer larger than life, and then life reminds you to walk in the truth. The truth is that we are all the same. We suffer, we hurt, have heartache and heartbreak. As celebrities, a lot of this is played out in the public. Blogs go out about our fashion sense, who we’re dating, or why rehab didn’t work the first time. It is not an easy path to fortune and fame, and the fortune or the fame won’t allow you to be immune to life’s tragedies.

I am going to keep the Hudson family in my prayers. It’s not the type of thing that you ever get over, but God’s mercy will allow you to live with it.

God help us all,

64 Responses to “Celebrity Tragedy”

• Maureen Said on January 1st, 2009 at 7:07 pm

Dear Ms. Nash

You can’t possible imagine how much you helped me out this last very difficult year. Your humor, straightforwardness and compassion for others gave me much needed hope.

I am so happy you will be returning to Clean House soon and want to wish you and yours all the best in 2009.

Most Sincerely yours,

Maureen

• James Connelly Said on January 2nd, 2009 at 11:43 am

Hi Niecy . How are you ? God will help us as long as we ask him to and belive in him . I’m going through some difficult time’s right now myself. My sister has lung cancer and my parents are not well, but I look at others’ and see them with greater problems than my family and see them able to keep it together and that help’s me keep it together. What happened to Jennifer Hudson’s family was so sad and what you say is so sad . I’m sorry for your brother I really mean that. He was to young to be taken from this world but he is in a better place. I hope your mom is well. I am on your site because I recently watch Reno 911 the movie. It is funny. I try to watch the show on the Comedy Channel but I get home from work sometime’s late and I miss it . I work for a Lawyer as a legal assistant and I don’t leave until the job is done. I don’t have to stay but I do it because that is what I would want someone to do for me if I asked them to handle a problem for me. Regarding your divorce , beautiful lady his loss is someone’s major gain. If your ever in Philadelphia I would be happy to buy you all the cheese steak’s and soft pretzels you want . Take care Jimmy

• Michelle Said on January 3rd, 2009 at 8:59 pm

Hi Miss Niecy…i am 10 years old and i just wanna tell you that i am praying for you and the Hudson family…God Bless

• carol herndon Said on January 4th, 2009 at 7:59 pm

Miss Niecy,

What a beautiful message you left on your web site for the Hudson family. You are right we the fans do not realize that actors etc. go through the same feelings that the rest of us do when tradedy happens. And as always God will help us through it all.

Be well and GOD bless.

Carol Herndon

• loren werner Said on January 4th, 2009 at 11:05 pm

miss niecy girl- i was looking for mystyle.com. came across your sight and decided to check it out. i enjoy your shows. i am so sorry that u had to witness seeing your mother shot (i hope im not mistaken, but i believe she pulled through?)i’m so sorry about your brothers murder. i to am a survivor of two murdered sisters(they were taken together,shot, at 23&25yrs)that was 30 years ago. i was 11 years old. i dont bother celebs, you r the first one that i have ever contacted. only because of what i just read about your brother, bless him. non-celebs do tend to make celebs bigger than life. forgetting we’re all living r lives, just in dif ways. bless you and all of your family. i hope u get everything out of life that u are reaching for. you go girl

• lori Said on January 4th, 2009 at 11:09 pm

• Kate M. Said on January 8th, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Dear Niecy,
    I adore CLEAN HOUSE!!!! I agree with you that the recent deaths of Jennifer Hudson’s Family, Bernie Mac, Jett Travolta, Your own personal tragedy losing your brother Michael, I hope that throughout the sadness you remember the tremedous gifts of wonderful memories to cherish. Having lost my family, thats what I hold dearest beautiful memories. I am working through my own clutter after a severe depression, after the death of my mother, I am so inspired by Clean House, and my house is much better than all of those episodes I’ve watched, because I was inpired to work hard every week. I hope you post more often on your blog, as I really enjoy it. By the way your mother is very beautiful, (RE: Clean House Episode.

Sincerely, Kate

• sheri secrest Said on January 8th, 2009 at 8:14 pm

have you been replaced on clean house?? i do not like the girl (brown hair)sorry i can’t think of her name.

• Ebony Said on January 11th, 2009 at 11:18 pm

We’re praying without ceasing for Jennifer in Chicago.

• Jerri Said on January 12th, 2009 at 8:36 pm

To lose a loved one is horrendous. To lose so many loved ones is unimaginable. My prayers go out to Jennifer Hudson. I pray her adversity leads to a stronger Jennifer with time.

• AJ Said on January 13th, 2009 at 11:48 am

Dear Niecy, I’m a middle-aged Jewish woman who has had a few hearaches and heartbreaks as well. The highlight of my week was watching you do your “schtick” on Clean House which raised my spirits! Where are you, darling? I understand the plight of the celebrity: I was raised in Anaheim, CA and was often told by my parents that (when we saw a “star” at the beach or Disneyland or wherever) we should respect their private space. So here you have a blog and are asking for a reply and I’ll give it. I’ve read on the other blog sites that your fans miss you and the show isn’t the same without you. I’m about to stop TIVOing it. Will you be back or will you have another show? You should realize that many think of you as a great uplifter and, not to say you’re obligated to any of us, we’d like to know what the story is. Best wishes and highest regards, Adrienne Johnson, Greensboro, North Carolina

• Vinny and Jonnin Sosa Said on January 14th, 2009 at 9:17 pm

Hello Ms Niecy!

I feel for Ms Hudson as well. However this reply is not related to this post. I am just now watching clean house and I see that there is a new gal on a new episode who appears to be impersonating you. What gives? Are you coming ba k regular or not. We miss you.

Vinny and Jonnin Sosa

• TonyB Said on January 16th, 2009 at 12:49 am

Those were very kind words. I lost my mother last year and it has been very tragic, but as you said no matter who you are you have to deal with life’s hardships. I will continue to pray for the Hudson family and you as well. I am a huge fan of yours and your words really mean a lot to me.

• Brenda Said on January 18th, 2009 at 10:07 am

Miss seeing you on Clean House. When are you coming back?

• Crystal Said on January 18th, 2009 at 12:18 pm

I will keep you in my prayers. I love watching your shows and really miss you. Take all the time you need. The fans that really love you want the best for you. Take care. We will be waiting for your return.

• TexMex Said on January 18th, 2009 at 3:09 pm

Niecy, you are very special to me. I lost my fourteen year old brother to a drunk teenager. You never get over it, you learn to live with the loss.

• Tanya Said on January 18th, 2009 at 10:15 pm

Did you leave clean house???

• TJ Said on January 20th, 2009 at 5:28 am

This is a really beautiful and inpirational site, and you’re right, tragedy does touch us all.

• cora lewis Said on January 21st, 2009 at 3:31 pm

just want you to know that you are missed and hope that you and your family are well.

• janet mitchell Said on January 26th, 2009 at 12:20 pm

Hi Nicey i love your show clean house and i wanted to know when are you coming back to the show. Thank You and Be Blessed

• Rich Olivarez Said on January 27th, 2009 at 4:49 pm

Honey where are you??!! We have not seen you on Clean House. What is up diva!!

• tammy walston Said on January 27th, 2009 at 9:07 pm

when are you coming back to clean house? noone can take your place or even come close

• Gayle Said on January 28th, 2009 at 9:52 pm

Here here Miss Niecy. You speak the truth, as per usual. My prayers and thoughts also go out to the Hudson family.

• Matt Said on January 29th, 2009 at 12:04 am

Niecy…

you are amazing- sexy and caring at the same time. somedays, all I do is watch your show. from one 38 year old to another – keep it up!

• Tracy Said on January 29th, 2009 at 1:18 am

My heart too went out to Jennifer,and her family. I have heard about your own personal pain as well. It doesn’t matter who you are famous or not the pain is the same, it’s just the public hears to. I had a rough life growing up. So I think my campassion is deep for others. Your a good soul Neicy Nash give Jennifer my love even though she doesn’t know me. Love to you as well.
    God Bless…Tracy

• Actress Love Said on January 30th, 2009 at 10:45 am

Thanks, Good One….. I couldn’t resist commenting.

• Tammy Ray Said on February 2nd, 2009 at 1:00 pm

I also know the tragedy of loosing a loved one to gun violence, on November 8,2008 my oldest son Anthony was shot in the head and killed by 2 teens who claim they were just trying to scare him. He was only 15 years old and the 2 boys that killed him was 12 & 15! My heart goes out to everyone who lost a loved one to gun violence.

• Jason Said on February 2nd, 2009 at 8:31 pm

i agree with you a 100% miss niecy. im deployed to iraq right now and watched Jennifer sing the national antheim during the super bowl…i got goose bumbs of how awesome it was and how she got out there and pushed through…just because people are famous doesnt mean they dont have the same problems as everyone else….

LB

• pat rivers Said on February 3rd, 2009 at 4:50 pm

Why aren’t you on the current shows? I miss you.
    Have you been Ill????

• Lynn Said on February 5th, 2009 at 9:42 am

I just wanted to tell you when I watched the show you did with your mother I was so touched and inspired by her. I lost my daughter and my life for years … and years … was chaos surrounded by grief. I had no idea and would never have guessed that on top of losing her son she went thru even more violence and tragedy.
    I’ve never sent a message to anyone on a TV show before but I am in complete awe of her. I was so drawn to her quiet inner peace and strength and by the obvious love you have for each other. It is inspiring and gives me a little extra hope that I can come out from under that cloud as well and be an role model for my other children as I can tell she is for you.
    She’s an amazing woman, you both are, and are truly blessed to have each other.
    L

• wanda c Said on February 6th, 2009 at 1:43 pm

Ms. Neicy,

I am so happy to hear that you will be returning to Clean House. I really applaud the hosts who have stepped in for you because they had such big shoes to fill. However, the show is not the same without you. As your life continues to expand, I know the one day you will out grow the show, but I hope that doesn’t happen for a very long time. Continue to grow both physically and spiritually. My heart and prayers continually go out for Jennifer Hudson, Her sister and the entire family. Keep living. Remember to let go and let God. God bless all of you.

• var Said on February 18th, 2009 at 5:02 pm

Ms. Niecy, all the mayhem and foolishness in this world can be too much for us all sometimes but thank God for prayer and his answers to them. God bless you too.

• Sylvia Rodriguez Said on February 19th, 2009 at 4:04 pm

Hello Niecy. My prayers too go out to Jennifer Hudson and her family. This was such a senseless tragedy. I continue to watch your shows over and over again. You have a wonderful crew with Mark, Matt and Trish. I know they work hard, and I just love seeing the great work they do. I love all their unique personalities.
    My favorite episode is “The Dragon Family.”
    Wow! I was also quite surprised when I recognized my Aunt Esther on this show. My Aunt was the one who patted your butt.
    My best to you and all your endeavers.

• Feebs Said on February 21st, 2009 at 8:27 pm

My wife thinks you are very very funny. I think you are too. We miss you – Clean house was our favorite show and will be when you return. You may be going through hard times, but you bring so many smiles to faces that are needed right now

• Cheryl Maloney Said on February 22nd, 2009 at 11:37 pm

I am fan of clean house, because of you! I am also a single mom of 3, my daughter was almost killed in an accident and can not imagine your pain. I only know that is women and mothers we move on to be better, stronger, and role models for our children! God Bless and looking forward to seeing you..BTW..I don’t watch alot of TV, but my family CAN watch Clean House together..that is why we watch! Thank you!

• pal Said on February 24th, 2009 at 1:23 pm

Hey Neicy,

I can not tell you how much you helped me with your words of wisdom to the people you were serving.

My husband and I were packing to move and I had such a hard time throwing things away.

My Dad, my Mom and my Husband’s brother all died with in 3 months of each other. I never wanted to look at another sympathy card! Then with little warning my sister just a year older than myself found out she had cancer and died just a few weeks later.

As we packed to move, I could not bring myself to throw away or give away any items they had given to me. But through listening to you share with others, (it was obvious your wisdom was from above), I was able to see I was not throwing away memories. I often remind myself of your words as you share that their memories are in our hearts and that will never be put away. We now have moved, and still watch the show, but miss you, dearly! You will be in our prayers. It is a comfort to know one day we will see our loved ones again, if their is any organizing to be done in Heaven I know whose talents will be called on to get that job done! Much Love and Prayers

• Elaine Said on February 25th, 2009 at 11:30 pm

I am so glad you are returning to the show. I have really missed you. I am one of your senior watchers and you need to hurry back. It is just not the same.

• maxine chown Said on February 27th, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Dear Ms Nash
    I love watching Clean House, you are so sincere with such a good heart and a great sense of humour. I’m so glad you are returning to the show to join the rest of the great team. I’m so sorry to here you have had such trauma and sadness in your life.You really help people and you make me smile , I hope you are aware of the goodness you project?
    Take Care.
    Maxine England

• Pat Said on March 5th, 2009 at 12:04 pm

Hey, I understand your pain with the loss of your brother. I don’t know which is worse, being killed via shooting or the doctor telling you that no matter what they do, your mother will not come out of it and the only thing you can do is remove the life support. My prayers are with you and your mother. Keep the faith and the work that you do.

• fashionblog.biz Said on March 7th, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Excellent site!!!love the layout aswell

• Lisa Said on March 8th, 2009 at 6:06 pm

Dear Ms. Niecy,
    I’m caring for my dear elderly uncle right now. The doctor told me to make sure my “uncle’s affairs are in order”. The home nurse told me, my uncle is at the “End Stage”. He’s been like a father to me. I love him like a father. I received a beautiful email by Tyler Perry that he sends his fans titled Try, Try, Try! The message came right on time for me. I had received a recorded message from Bishop T.D. Jakes back in Sept. 2008 & that too came right on time. I’ve been so busy with my uncle, hospitals, doctors etc… I couldn’t find you on TV & went right to the computer to look for you…I read your message, it’s awful what happened to Ms. Hudson’s family. I look for you on the show. I can’t watch it, if your not there. My friends family just lost their 2 year old twin little boys. They were among 6 people that were shot by their uncle, here in Cleveland, Ohio on 3-5-09. 6 shot, 5 died. Ages 30, 25, 5, 2 (2year old twins). One 13 year old survived being shot. He’s in the hospital. The man killed his wife age 30 & then the rest of his family. After he ran, about 20hrs later he shot himself. It doesn’t make any sense…
    My prayers are with you and your family, Ms. Hudson’s family. God Bless You.

• Lady Diva Said on March 12th, 2009 at 4:02 pm

Dear Ms Niecy… Happy Days are here again! I just read here that you are coming back to Clean House! WOO-HOO!!!! I just recently discovered Clean House, and I couldn’t get enough of it. Then all of a sudden, you were gone. I watched the others “try” to take your place, but it’s just NOT the same without you. I know you had your own pain and issues to deal with. Just know that you were/are missed and we love you very much. Look forward to your new shows very soon.

Hugs & Love,
    Diva

• Betty Mays Said on March 17th, 2009 at 8:42 am

I love you, Niecy. The show is not the same without you. You are loved by all. I am so sorry you have suffered such great losses. You are special to God’s heart, and He keeps His promise to see us through all things in life. He never lets people down, and loves us all the same. Nothing is impossible with God. He is our Rock and we can trust him to do what He says He will do. I have suffered much personal tragedy, but God has always seen me through, just as He will you, and makes something beautiful from the ashes of our lives and restores us to all things good. He is as good as His promises, and He has never broken one promise to us, ever. God bless you in each new journey He leads you to. All of us want you back on Clean Sweep. Whatever He leads you to, He will see you through. God bless you and your family.

• Betty Mays Said on March 17th, 2009 at 8:49 am

Sorry….I meant to say CLEAN HOUSE, when I wrote. Not Clean Sweep.

• Gleniece Hobson Said on March 27th, 2009 at 12:01 pm

Hello Niecy, I am happy to see you back on Clean House. I love to see how real you are with the people whoes houses you clean up. You remind me of myself, I am not about the foolishness either. My prayers went up for the Hudson family as well. Only the Loving God we serve can heal that type of pain. I want to say you go girl to you because only someone who has walked in your shoes can understand the pain of divorce and the other things that you have been through. Divorce is like a death because what God made into one is being split back into two. It is like cutting yourself in half, but we serve a God who is able to heal. My husband left because I decided in my 40′s to return to school and get my degree in Nursing. I was given an ultimatum of quitting school and saving my marriage or finishing school and lossing my husband. I refuse to give my power to anyone but God. I finished school with a 3.71 GPA, honors and my dignity. I loved my husband but I love myself more. I thank Him for my children because they have made it all so much eaiser. Like you I have suffered the loss of my only brother at a young age as well as seeing my mother go thourgh a great depression that lead to her getting Breast Cancer and dying. After all of that I found out that I was adopted so the family that I knew no longer felt we were family so now it is me my children and God. I am a better, stonger person for it all. I have learned to walk by faith and not by sight. I have peace that surpasses all understanding and unspeakable joy. I will continue to pray for you because you will have good days and some not so good days but trust God through it all, He will see you through.

• Carolyn Said on March 28th, 2009 at 5:11 pm

Hello Niecy,
    I have really missed you on Clean House. I feel sad for the women who have tried to walk in your shoes. Kelly has done a great job,but she’s had to fill some pretty glamorous shoes (smile). I’d love to see the two of you work together someday. Thank you for your touching and inspirational words about Jennifer Hudson’s family. I remember the show you did with your mom. There weren’t enough tissues in my house for the tears. Families like yours and Ms.Hudson’s are remarkable in the way they refuse to be defeated by tragedy. The rest of us need to let you know that we care. I am currently working with my youth group to do an event that shows solidarity for the mothers and fathers who have lost children to violence. If it is successful, we will make it an annual event. God Bless You and your mother

• miss vicki Said on April 3rd, 2009 at 11:10 am

missss niecey: I miss your plucky tude on clean house. I think the whole cast is terrific. Matt with his funny costumes, the yard sale gal is a hoot, but the designer mark is unbelievable what a talented man,all of his designs are excellent I am in awe. come back to us miss niecy we miss you

• janet weiss Said on April 5th, 2009 at 5:54 pm

My mother and I Love you and your cohorts on the show.
    Maybe you can help. We just watched the episode with the angry cat. You gifted the family with a cat behaviorist. (Bill Staffords)? Do you have an email for him?
    I’m having difficulty finding him. Please help us with angry brother and sweet sister.
    We would greatly appreciate you help.
    Thank you Niecy.
    Janet.
    P.S. We have a messy house, but not messy enough for your help.

• Cathey Said on April 7th, 2009 at 1:28 pm

i miss you from the show and thought kelly williams from full house had replaced you but it’s not the same without you. please please come back

• Mary Ann Said on April 17th, 2009 at 8:24 pm

Dear Niecy,
    Miss you on clean house. Its just not the same without you. It really makes my day to watch one of the reruns with you on it. You are uplifting and have help me get rid of alot of thing since I have been home. I was laid off from my job Dec. 31, 2008. I watch Clean house in the morning with my coffee and it gets me motivated to toss things out. I went through dressers and rooms and just filled bags of thing either I never worn or didn’t fit anymore. I can’t wait for you to come back to the show. My daughter can’t call me the queen of clutter anymore because I have tossed out their things too since they don’t live here anymore. Good feeling.
    God bless you Niecy and you will see the top of the barrel when you least expect it. Been their too. Hope to see you back in the near future.

• simone prentice Said on April 27th, 2009 at 3:27 pm

Hi Miss Niecy,i watch ur show almost everyday.You’re a great inspiration to many.The show isn’t the same without you.Hope you’ll be back soon

• Anastasia Said on May 1st, 2009 at 7:42 pm

Hey there Ms. Niecy! Just want to let you know that my (3) girls (and I) love your personality. Keeping it real and “git to gittin’” lady -

• Rob Wranich Said on May 20th, 2009 at 8:20 pm

Miss Niecy,
    I have to say that you have become one of my favorite personalities on TV. The way you conduct yourself on Clean House, along with your other projects, shows how real of a woman you are. As a matter of fact, a co-worker of mine and I usually end up talking about the Clean House episode we have watched. We always laugh at all the foolishness and mayhem you have to deal with! (and then compare it to the people we work with) This is the first time I have read your website, and I have to say I’m very impressed. Impressed at how it looks, and how you are so open about the things on your blog. I have to give you a tremendous amount of credit for being so couragous to first, telling us what you have gone through in your life, and also for actually going through that and taking the road that you did in your life. I’m sure you could have very easily taken another, which would have been easier, but your life would have been incredibly different. Everything does happen for a reason in everyone’s life. The things you have had to go through have definately made you a stronger person, which in turn, allowed you to become the person you are for others. Although I don’t know you at all, and you for sure don’t know me, but I want to thank you for always putting a smile on my face regardless of what mood I might happen to be in.

• Chris Said on May 25th, 2009 at 11:58 pm

You are truly a blessing to me! Keep up the good works! I love you in “Reno 911″ and most recently watched “Clean House”. Sorry to hear about your divorce in 07. If I were a few years older I would try my luck. May God Bless You! Stay Real!

• aisha slaughter Said on May 30th, 2009 at 10:22 pm

You are so right! Celebrities are human beings
    like all of us. It really bothers me when society focuses on the negative things in celebs lives. But unfortunately that’s what sells. The media loves it. I pray that things will eventually change for the better. Glad your back on “Clean House”. You have a great cast. Best wishes in this world.
    God will bless.

• elizabeth sandow Said on August 2nd, 2009 at 2:47 pm

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and may God grant you peace and comfort always! God bless you.

• Graham Said on August 16th, 2009 at 7:44 pm

Dear Niecy,

I hope you manage to get through your divorce without having a breakdown- of sorts. I did not. You are in my prayers. May God touch your heart in this time of trials……

God Bless You-
    Graham

• Nadine Said on October 13th, 2009 at 1:15 pm

Dear Niecy,
    I am thankful that you had the courage to share your experiences with others. It has encouraged me as I am in a situation with a adulterous husband and unless he turns from it I will be filing for a divorce in January 2010. Again, Thank you…love you and your work

• Kim Said on November 2nd, 2009 at 12:45 am

I saw you and you mom on the episode of Clean House where she moved in, when I heard you say you lost your brother and he was only 17, I clutched my chest!! Then I saw you on the Monique show the other night and you mentioned him again while sharing your story. Niecy on September 12th I lost my baby brother (Levi), he was only 20 years old and was shot and killed by the Police.

The agony and grief that me and my family feel is tremendous!! I don’t wish it on anyone and until it happens to you…….you really can’t understand it! He was like my own baby, as I was 22 years older then him and helped my parents raise him.

It’s hard…….

• Katie Said on November 5th, 2009 at 2:04 am

I JUST LOVE YOU NIECY – YOU ARE THE BEST – KATIE

• shatera Said on November 16th, 2009 at 3:45 am

I will pray your strength be blesses

• Tracy Said on November 30th, 2009 at 5:37 pm

I would just like to say that this is the first time I have ever written to any celebrity but I was simply drawn to do so. And now that I can see by your beautiful website and your geniune way of keeping your fans in the know…all I can say is “wow!” You are such an inspiration and blessing to us all. I am one of the biggest Clean House fans. I love the wisdom and insight you give …many times, I must admit, I see the anointing. Why, because they listen to the sincerity and truth you give through your wisdom. You have a modern day Solomon way of doing things and I love it! Take care of yourself. I will keep you in my prayers for longevity, good health, properity and happiness all of this for you and yours.

• emily Said on December 2nd, 2009 at 4:39 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I just think you are a strong and beautiful person and have touched many people, thank you

• Debbie Said on March 13th, 2010 at 5:19 pm

Hello,
    For me watching you brightens my day. I wonder if you could ever comprehend the way that you actually touch people. Watching you is like being in the same room with a very good, very fun and very wise friend. You have been given awesome gifts and thank you for sharing them!

Debbie