Kids and the Recession from Niecy Nash Official Web Site

Apr 3
Kids and the Recession
Posted by Niecy on April 3rd, 2009 under The Blog

My kids are crazy! Every last one of em’! I love them like nobody’s business but they definitely get on my nerves! We have been having fun during these tough economic times. On Monday night we had a talent show. If you are at my house when its talent show time , then you need to figure out your talent because you are going to perform! My mom and dad were over and so was my good friend Jill Scott, baby we got it in! My son and older daughter sang, the baby girl performed a magic act, Jill did a rap, my parents added their two cents and I gave the crowd some poetry. Of course we used a paper towel holder as a microphone! We had big fun and spent no money, honey. Sometimes without warning I will announce that we are having a pajama party. Everyone is given 20 minutes to get their pj’s on and gather around for a movie or board game. The kids love it! Its cheap, easy, and fun….I guess I love it too!!!

Niecy Nash and her kids

26 Responses to “Kids and the Recession”

• Patrice Said on April 3rd, 2009 at 4:31 pm

What a GORGEOUS PICTURE!!! Beautiful family :)

• Jarron Said on April 3rd, 2009 at 10:33 pm

Things we used to do as kids outselves seem new and fresh now! Movie nights, sing-alongs, talent shows and pajama parties! All great fun, and thumbs up to you for being “hip” enough to know they are timeless too!

*Going to pop popcorn and change into my PJs!*

• Kat Negrete Said on April 4th, 2009 at 1:27 am

I love how you LOVE your family. They are beautiful, like mama! :-) Your perspective on the recession is refreshing. We should have all been doing free family things like this years ago!!

• Jennifer James Said on April 4th, 2009 at 9:34 pm

Sounds like fun. I have two small children (one 3 years and one 3 months) and in the future we will be looking for inexpensive fun. So here is to hoping my kids end up with some talent or it could end up a very painful experience.
    I love you Niecy and everyone laughs when I start talking about their mayhem and foolishness. Thanks for the new vocabulary.

• ChicChick Said on April 5th, 2009 at 2:08 am

You have such a beautiful family. And I love the talent show idea, sounds like fun.

• Sonya Kith Said on April 5th, 2009 at 8:36 am

Your son is super cute, and your daughters are spitting images of you!

• Busybrowngirl Said on April 5th, 2009 at 4:15 pm

Ms. Niecy! My mother and I love your show. I moved to NYC in 2007 without the Style channel! :( My cable company just added it this weekend and I’m so excited! So is my mother so we can continue to bond over it.

I must know, Ms. Niecy, who dresses you for Clean House? You have the best dresses (I’m specifically thinking of the blue number from the reveal on the episode with the Childress family). I am a dress fanatic, can you share who you’re wearing?

• Anne Marie Said on April 5th, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Beautiful picture of you and your family Niecy!! And what a great idea for entertainment :)

• Catina Said on April 6th, 2009 at 12:46 pm

I just love, love, love your style Ms.Niecy..my daughter tells me all the time..mom, you have great style just like Ms. Niecy..continued success in all you do!!Can’t wait to see you on clean house..that’s one of my favorite shows to watch on style.

• Ashley Said on April 8th, 2009 at 1:30 am

Hey Niecy its Ashley the kids got so big,I remember when I used to babysit them well tell everyone hi

• Shari Kellerhals Said on April 8th, 2009 at 3:07 am

Well Miss Niecy! What a beautiful family photo. You are an inspiration to me and my family – we look forward to your straight talk on new Clean House episodes soon! Keep up the straight talk! We all need it!

• Rachel in NC Said on April 10th, 2009 at 1:00 am

I cannot get over how your babies have grown up! Wow. They’re great! Bless their little ole hearts! Middle child used to crack up when I said that! I miss them! You take care Miss Niecy!

• jackie holland Said on April 10th, 2009 at 3:09 pm

niecy you are great on clean house, keep letting God use you to help people get set free. Ministry is in you girl!!! (like u dont already know)

• Dawn Said on April 14th, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Ms. Nash,
    Just wanted you to know that my children and I love Clean House. They get so excited watching you all tell people to clean up. They have even made a “Clean House” game! When I tell them to clean their room, they go through and pretend they are choosing items for the garage sale. They even pretend that some of their stuffed animals are crying over the stuff that is going to be sold. I love how your show is a visual reminder to my kids about the importance of cleanliness. I don’t have any clutter and not too much foolishness, but I sure wish Mr. Brunetz could help me design a better living room! Just wanted to say, “Howdy” from Erie, Colorado! Keep up the good work!

• Brian C Said on April 15th, 2009 at 6:57 am

Very nice way to spend time together as a family. That is a great photo, you have a beautiful family.

• Aja Said on April 20th, 2009 at 1:39 am

I am so glad that even with all of your success on the big screen you find time to be with the ones that matter the most…your children. They will remember and appreciate that for the rest of their lives. Believe me. I’m 20yrs old now(21 on 4-27-09) I grew up in multiple foster homes until I gave up and decided to venture out on my owm. I always wanted to be able to spend time with my mom and I’m glad that your children are not missing out like I have.

• Tisha Said on April 26th, 2009 at 3:10 pm

You have such a beautiful family. It’s important to stress family time recession or not. I love have talent shows at my house as well. Another good idea is karaoke night. It’s hilarious and I love when my family is having fun. Keep up the great job that you do in your career and with your family.

• Dale Said on May 18th, 2009 at 9:03 am

You constantly inspire me with your bright and loving spirit! Your family is beautiful.

• shonda Said on June 9th, 2009 at 3:25 pm

you have a beautifull childerns they all looked just like you to.

• Theresa Dilley Said on July 19th, 2009 at 11:33 am

Girl i do the talent show at my house! We also do american Idol, So you think you can dance, minus the interpretive dance moves(what is that anyways…nonsense) and oh, dont forget that a spaghetti strainer and a flash light make a disco light for them crazy dance parties we have! Foolish, crazy and I love every minute of it. Cheap fun.

• toumeres Said on July 23rd, 2009 at 6:29 pm

Niecy this is toumeres and I just want to say that I am a fan of yours and I wrote a letter to you I hpoe you got it niecy nash you inspire me to be just like you someday some of the kids from clean house that were at the yardsales and they seemed like they didn’t even know who you are I pray that every night I will get to meet you I love you . And your kids I’m only 14 years old

• wanda Said on July 30th, 2009 at 3:07 pm

First time on your website. To tell you the truth I happened to stumble on it accidentally, but glad that I did. I always loved your show, Clean house. I too am a flower wearer… Lovely family, God Bless. Maybe one day I’ll be fortunate to meet you.

• Kenya Said on July 30th, 2009 at 9:16 pm

Ms. Niecy I love the fact that you have such a close relationship with your family I to love family but I just can’t get that same from my family everyone is getting older and i am all out of ideas I love watch clean house i like to have the house empty when your show is on I wish that you could have a show on pop in and bond your families back together but keep up the good work

• Shonta Said on October 6th, 2009 at 11:56 am

Ms. Niecy! I’m a single 32 year old mother of 3 GIRLS good Girls (Lord Jesus please help me lol)& I don’t know what I would do with out them & my mom.Can u just imagine what a night of Fun is like in my house.Dress up,talent shows,karaoke,sleep overs & clean house.We just LOVE u God Bless u & ur Family please keep up the good work & ur kids are beautiful! Shonta

• toumeres Said on November 12th, 2009 at 6:34 pm

• toumeres Said on November 12th, 2009 at 6:35 pm

girl ive seen all your pictures before you have a beautiful family. im toumeres im 14 yrs old i hope that you will meet me one day