Lets Talk About Love! from Niecy Nash Official Web Site

Oct 4
Lets Talk About Love!
Posted by Niecy on October 4th, 2011 under The Blog

Hey Guys!

I know I’ve been away from from my blog for a while, but I’m in LOVE! I’ve been busy loving and being loved by my new husband but I’m back now, with a project that I love.

Every since I met my husband I’ve been on a mission to help the masses to not only find love, but to also find themselves in the process. I could talk about love and relationships all day long- some days I actually do! And after I played match maker for my good friend Sherri Shepherd and her new husband,  requests to do the same for others is keeping me very busy, happily busy!

I partnered with Yahoo to bring you “Let’s Talk About Love“! This online show will cover a different topic every week like, “Why Do Women Date Bad Boys”? or “Why Do Men Cheat”? and one of my favs, “Can You Be a GOOD Girl In BAD Times”?

To check out the show, visit: http://screen.yahoo.com/women/lets-talk-about-love/

I would love to address any issue, concern or thoughts you have on love and relationships so please write a comment here or leave me a message on Twitter ( @NiecyNash ) Make it good and you just might be a guest on my show!

Come on ya’ll, Lets Talk About Love!

Xo

P.S.  Stay Tuned for info on my Match Making Parties!

23 Responses to “Lets Talk About Love!”

• Dave Said on October 4th, 2011 at 1:49 pm

I’d like you to discuss the topic of interracial marriages, especially in light of all the controversy the new bestseller on the topic “Is Marriage for White People” has caused.

My wife and I are in an interracial marriage and have been happily married now for some 15 years. We even have a Niecy Nash autographed photo by the computer! But it still gets under our skin when people flip out over the subject of our marriage or interracial dating.

• Lexy Said on October 5th, 2011 at 11:08 am

Hi Niecy, I’m so glad you’re back to blogging again. It’s very inspirational to read. I’d like to discuss when is a good time to cut off a relationship. I’ve been dating the father of my child since I was almost 15 years old and we still aren’t married. I’m 28 now and I’m ready to be a wife, but he still has growing up to do at age 31. He is just now starting to show signs of maturity, but in my heart I know it’s not enough for me to lock myself into marriage. A part of me wants to stay because I love him, he’s familiar and I want to be with him the rest of my life, but the other half of me knows I need mature protector that is stable and wants a loving wife. I’d love to be on the show! Thanks and luv yuh!

• laura gorosito Said on October 5th, 2011 at 5:10 pm

hello niecy!!! soy argentina, miro todos tus programas, quiero decirteq me encanta tu look con el pelo lacio y largo,te rejuvenece 10 años. te adoro. I love you. quiero que reformes mi casa, jeje…

• Anonymous Said on October 6th, 2011 at 8:41 am

Will this air on TV or just online? I just washed the clip and I like it a lot. It also reminded me that I really needed to book a spa date asap

A topic could be once one decides to cheat how do you deal with that decision and what if the person decides to change her mind.

• aline barros Said on October 6th, 2011 at 9:46 am

Hello Niece my name is Aline i’M writing from Brazil,te i greatly admire you and linda and i love the program And Clean House!kisses and hugs,all good pra you!

• Champagne Said on October 7th, 2011 at 8:43 am

Hi Niecy, Because you are so good with hooking people up, How about hooking my cousin up? She’s a doctor and can’t find a man. The men she meets tends to shy away when they find out she’s a doctor.

• Betty Said on October 7th, 2011 at 8:59 am

Hi Neicy,

Just stopping by to say I heard you on Tom Joyner and I love what you’re doing… Wish you would do a show and introduce people and see what happens.I’m all in if you do.

• BeNoble Said on October 7th, 2011 at 9:10 am

Hello Niecy, first of all thank you for showing love among African Americans. So many times we are met with negativity regarding our Love. Our Love is just and compelling and vibrant and real as any other race. I love to watch you and look forward to see in even the more, on television as well as the movies.
    Thanks,

• ShaLa Said on October 7th, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Niecy, Let’s talk about LOVE…
    I heard about your show this morning on The Tom Joyner Show…

I NEED HELP!

In my last break-up, I decided that I needed to re-evaluate my outlook on dating because I kept making the same mistakes with each relationship.

I’d give, put up with and settle while getting nothing in return, because I was afraid of being alone.

So in my re-evaluation, I decided I should still be giving (because that’s just how I love) and still compromise (when it’s healthy) and even learn to settle (for some things not on “my list”) and NOT have sex unless MONOGAMY.

How has it been working for me? Niecy, it’ll be 5 years celibate in Feb 2012! (I’m screaming!)

I can’t seem to find a match… WHERE DEY AT?
    My list consist of single (not married or separated)… Christian.. Tall and NON-SMOKER. I have three sons and custody of my nephew, so four boys… I’m 5’10″, 190lb (currently working on losing more), DD’s, bootylicious, work, cook, clean, love sex!

I need a hook-up Niecy… please I can’t wait for the match party… just send him to my house!!!! LOL

• Chellie Said on October 7th, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I’ve been in love with this guy4nearly a decade.He claims he wants2marry in the future and even professed love for me.Neicy,the man has changed and somehow I don’t trust him at times.I THINK I should lose the suspicions and trust God on this tiresome journey.

• A Semi Grown Woman Said on October 8th, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Hi Miss Neicy,
    I really need your help. I have a beautiful mother that I love dearly the problem is that she has given up on dating and finding love- I take that back, she HAD given up on love. Here is our story:

My I was raised by a single mother who always put me first. My mother never complained about being a single mother in fact she always had a smile on her face. Now that I am grown (semi grown is what I call myself because I still have some growing to do) I realize that my mother has always put herself and her desires on the back burner for my sake and well being. Now that I am semi grown and have a family of my owe I want my mother to find the love and companionship she deserves. My journey to help my mother find love started in January of this year. I wrote Dr. Phil a letter and my mother and I went on The Dr. Phil New Year’s Challenge show that aired on January 3, 2011- during his show we had the opportunity to sit down and speak to Steve Harvey and Dr. Phil, both men gave my mother some great advice and she really let her guard down and listened to them – the problem is that it is now October and still NOTHING not one date! Steve Harvey said my Mother needed to lossen up and let go and get out more (something I’ve been telling her for years) Dr. Phil told her to go to “target rich” environments” he also challenged her to do 4things a month that would put her in a target rich environment. I must say I was very skeptical at first but my mom really impressed me, she jumped right in and as soon as we got home from the show she started planning things to do and places to go. She started blogging (www.diaryofagrownwoman.com) and she has made huge efforts to put herself in target rich environments. I’ve come to the conclusion that absolutely no single, straight men over 50 years of age watch Dr. Phil because my mother hasn’t gotten a single email, phone call or anything (and she is a gorgeous, warm, talented, and fun women) from our appearance on the show. Miss Neicy I love my mom and all I want is for her to be happy and in love (with Mr. Right) can you please help her? I’m running out of options, being on Dr. Phil was a wonderful experience but nothing has come of it, I have tried finding someone for her but she doesn’t approve of my methods ( if I see some older handsome gentlemen I’ll just go over and ask if they are married or in a relationship, if the answer is no then I tell them I would like them to meet my mother) apparently that embarrasses the heck out of my mother, Oprah went off the air, I’ve written Essence and Ebony magazines with no response so you might be my last hope. Please Please Please help my mother she truly deserves it!

• rhashauna brathwaite Said on October 10th, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Why is it that your spouse can not accept the fact that you’re gonna have friends of the opposite sex.

• melissa james Said on October 12th, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Niecy, I want to start off saying I admire you and your spirit so much…I saw you talking to Brandi about finding love and just that was incredible advise. Here is my issue/problem.. I am divorced and have been or 5 years.. i want to get in a relationship but i keep meeting losers.. either they say there are single and they have some one or they are single have had there heart broken and do not want to move on or how to move on. I have made a lot of changes on me where i see i went wrong and still nothing positive come into my life. i have even had the men say you are so wonderful and this and that but i can not give you what you want .. all i want is a committed relationship that has love,fun communication and where i do not have to share him with anyone i am 40 years old and do not want to give up but that looks like the road i am going do any help i would appreciate…

• Ms. M.P Said on October 15th, 2011 at 8:32 am

Lav U Niecy!!
    I was thinking about your dancing on Dancing with the Stars! You had a wonderful attitude, and I think your dancing improved a lot. I watch your wedding on T.V, and I want you and your husband to take dance lessons together. I an dying to see you both dance together! Celebrity sparks, fire and passion!

• Arnitia Walker Said on October 15th, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Hi Neicy,
    I just saw your clips on Why Men Cheat and Why do Women date bad boys. I loved both of them. You have such positive energy. I wrote a book entitled “Shake em Up and They All Fall Out The Same”. It’s available on Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com. It contains funny descriptions of nearly every type of man out there. A really “tell the truth and shame the devil” book. Let me know what you think.

• Ana C. Said on October 24th, 2011 at 5:49 am

Miss Niecy,

I am a divorced single mom with one child. My current boyfriend and I have been dating and living together for a little over a year. He is a fantastic father figure to my son and a wonderful kind and loving man to me. The thing is, I was his first. Yup. I popped his cherry. He’s had a couple girlfriends before but this is his first serious (and sexual) relationship.I’m the only girlfriend he’s introduced to his family. They welcomed my son and I with arms wide open and he is so happy to be around all of them, you’d think we all were really family.

I believe that my boyfriend’s feelings of love for me and my son are real and deep…for now. That said, is it possible that he genuinely loves me and wants to be a part of our family (in the far future)or is it safe to assume that since this is first serious (and sexual) relationship he only THINKS that he’s truly in love?

I’ve brought this up to him a couple times before, but he seems hurt that I would discredit his feelings simply because he’s a ‘rookie’ or ‘newbie’ in the relationship. He says when I ask him that, it makes him feel like since he hasn’t been around ‘the block’ his emotions are dismissive and don’t matter.

I feel that he is sincere, but being a divorcee, I’m not trying to get caught up in the ‘I’m in love (ex)virgin talk’. How can I tell if it’s glitter or gold?

• Mother Lost in Love Said on October 24th, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Hello Miss Niecy,

I am a 26 year old mother of 2 (3 and 1) I am in a relationship with my best friend he is younger than me 24 years old (not that much I know)He is the sweetest man that I know, my whole family loves him and I love him as well but my issues is the feelings I still have for the father of my children. We just ended our 4 year relationship in March. When we are together he makes me think that we can work everything out and then after we are intimate he changes his mind. I don’t want to go backward because I want to move on with my life and I want to be with the man I have now how do I let these feelings not get in the way of my future?

• I'm no longer me Said on October 28th, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Hi Niecy, First let me say you are so amazing. My question is after being in a relationship for over 25 years with a man who cheated on me every chance he got (I’m no longer with him). How do I feel good about my self again? My self esteem is shot and I feel awkward when I do get dressed up so I mostly wear sweats and tee shirts. When I look in the mirror, I don’t see the pretty woman I use to be. I wasn’t always like this and would like to be in a relationship but feel like who would want me. I hope to hear from you because I know you wont hold back and tell me exactly what you think. Thanks.

• dodo02fun Said on October 29th, 2011 at 3:38 am

I love your spirit too! I’m with A Semi Grown Woman Said on October 8th, 2011 at 8:33 pm I’m 52 5’9 160pds still in pretty good shape.I’ve been told your so sweet I don’t understand why you don’t have someone and I have the nickname of Sug short for Sugar. I find that things today aren’t geared towards us MATURE ones, I’ve done things like dating services and people do say you need to get out more but you don’t want to be out alone and where do you go anyway.And I AGREE with your advise, we must not continue to love someone that doesn’t love us. I have said many of the things you’ve said and living by that, but it can be a little trying at times. If you get something for us MATURE ones please let me know………………Love ya,keep smiling :)

• Beatrice Said on November 1st, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Why do men feel that just because you are self sufficient financially that you’re looking to take them on a dependents? It seems that the more financially stable you are the harder it is to find a good man.

• Nichole Said on November 1st, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Niecey..its definitely time for you to do a show in matchmaking of some kind

• Stephanie Said on November 2nd, 2011 at 2:37 am

Niecy, I am a huge fan, love the online show! I hope you get another TV show soon. I feel the same as Sherri. I am a single mom of two, I would love to find someone but I am skeptical. My kids are ready for me to find someone soon. I am older now and I know what I don’t want and I can see it a mile away.

Congrats on your marriage and I wish you much success personally and professionally.

• Candace Said on November 3rd, 2011 at 12:25 am

Niecy,
    I have to say that I amire you very much so. It takes a very strong woman to speak thier mind. And stand behind what they have to say. I am with Dave on this one question about why people have issues with interracial marriages or relationships? I have dated in a few differnet races including my own. I dont think that skin color has a ounce of anything to do with what love has to say with two people. I truely beleive that love is colorblind. I am about to be 33 years old and I have 2 children. A daughter who is 11 and a son who is 9 years old. I have just in the last couple of months laid my eyes on the man that I just KNOW I am going to spend the rest of my life with. And he is of another race then I am. And I have to say I couldnt be any happier then I really truely am right now! So to Dave I have to say if people dont like they fact that you are in a interracial marriage, then they can look the other way. It is not thier life that you are living it is your own. Dont let other peoples closed mind hurt your outlook on life. It can be Quite pretty and colorful when you let love lead. Just my thought about it. Thanks!!