Why Do Men Cheat? from Niecy Nash Official Web Site

Oct 10
Why Do Men Cheat?
Posted by Niecy on October 10th, 2011 under The Blog

On my new show Lets Talk About Love we are asking the question “why do men cheat“?

Cheating has been going on since the beginning of time! It’s as old as sex itself. There usually so much drama around the revelation- tears, yelling, restraining orders!  There are even songs dedicated to it, one of my favs- Jasmine Sullivan’s, Bust The Windows Out Your Car.

But the precursor to the unraveling is to ask “why”?

Check out my new video dedicated to the answer ( screen.yahoo.com) and let me know what you think….

Do not worry men, I know women cheat too! We will discuss this as well, I just started with the guys :)

Xo

8 Responses to “Why Do Men Cheat?”

• Shay Said on October 10th, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Niecy, how do I learn to trust him? That is what I struggle with and it is creating a major problem. I have access to everything and I spend more time checking on him than I do growing my business. Please help me! I don’t want to drive him to cheat because I am a crazed snoop.

• KJ Said on October 14th, 2011 at 7:38 am

Shay… 1. You need to REALLY believe that no one is perfect.

2. Understand YOUR MAN! Not the last one you dated or the one that HURT you, he’s not them. By no means am I saying don’t utilize your experience to guide you, but don’t allow them to dictate your present.

3. You have to find away to recondition your womantality to trust until given a reason not to. That could take 10 minutes or 10 years. I’m sure you practice the opposite. Finding a reason not to trust someone is easy and a cop out from dealing with some lingering resentment issues with SELF.

4. If someone does cheat, don’t take it so personal. Women are quick to ask “what does she have that I don’t”, Nothing!!! It really has nothing to do with you. A man says otherwise he’s lying. The BEST way to get a woman to stay loyal is to get her to believe that she is lacking in some way and while she is trying to over compensate he has his way, while you are trying to PROVE your worth.

5. Most Important… No your WORTH? If you set a few standard (Not the Chili kind of standards) and let those by your guide and you will be ok.

Example: Guys who go out to clubs a lot are MORE LIKELY to cheat. You may choose to proceed with caution if dating one of these types. If that is the case move around and don’t play a game you can’t win. A man being around women that much is like a recovering crack head hanging out in a crack house. Ya Digg!!

I wish I had more time I could go on & on…

KJ

• Melly Said on October 14th, 2011 at 11:35 am

Ohhhhh, I wanted to snatch them fellas by the neck. Breathe…Ommmmmm….breathe.

But, it is true that the men so many more options and that make them less motivated to remain in a monogamous relationship. But, as humans, eventually you are going to have to stop acting like a mindless primate and begin thinking and using your ability to reason. As someone that has worked in a medical office and provides rapid HIV tests (I sit there with the people and wait for the test to develop) I see the other side of “all those options”. Big strong fellas in a panic over getting HIV, passing it to their main chick, facing mortality and so forth. All those options and non-granny panty wearing chicks mean nothing at that time. During those 20 minutes, they suddenly see what’s important. That is until they get the negative result and its back to me-me-me. That’s men and women.

So, when I think of why, I think for men and women it boils down to basic selfishness. I do what I want because I just want to. That covers all parts of life.

• Charles Said on October 15th, 2011 at 11:13 pm

This is a pretty easy answer – There are two types of people in the world givers (or those that have the capability of giving) and takers.
    The takers take everything offered with little or no effort.
    The givers want that following;
    Do not drain me with drama;
    Do not drain me financially;
    Do not drain me mentally;
    Do not take advantage of me;
    Have genuine concern for my well being;
    if you begin (or start building) falsehoods I will become a taker.

• Khristian Said on October 16th, 2011 at 9:53 pm

cause some men are so childlish and they do know how to love

• Sue Said on October 18th, 2011 at 10:20 am

Can a man/women really change after being caught cheating?

• JoAnne Williams Said on October 20th, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Men who cheat
    I bet a great deal, many of you are still trying to figure out why men cheat. Well let me tell you the REAL reason why. It has more to do about the man than it has to do about you. It has nothing to do with how you look, how you perform in the bedroom, how you manage the household, or how you stroke his ego. They cheat because they don’t have the necessary maturity intellect to remain faithful in their relationship. You see, men who exhibit the behavior of a cheater can be best described in one word. Or maybe two words, intellectually immature. They don’t have the intellectual maturity that restrains them from seeking pleasure of any kind, outside their relationship. There are many individuals who- while in a committed relationship -LUST at someone else. And when you lust at someone else while in a committed relationship, you do so while imagining all the things you would like to do to that person. Or better yet, you can imagine all the things that that person can do to you. The KEY is to NOT put that emotion of LUST in action. Men inherently look at other women. That’s simply the nature of the beast. Now if he looks at the other woman while he is with you, he should do so through his peripheral vision. This way he does not risk disrespecting you or the relationship.
    Only intellectually immature men cheat on the woman that they are in a committed relationship with. If you are in a relationship with someone and you are unhappy, you should end the relationship before you attempt to move on. Trying to have the best of both worlds, means that you are trying to hold and let go to, AT THE SAME TIME. The saying once a cheater always a cheater, isn’t necessarily so. That statement is contingent upon the degree of maturity acquired, if any, by that man after having previously been known as a cheater. An example of a man who is intellectually immature is one who knows he’s prone to dealing with a multitude of woman. And then let’s say he decides to get married, and while he’s married, he continues to deal with a multitude of woman. The behavior he is exhibiting is nothing more than intellectual immaturity. Simple as that!

JoAnne Williams-Author Escaping From the Victim or Volunteer Role in your Relationship
    AMAZON/BARNES and NOBLE and other BOOK SELLERS

• Lisa Said on November 3rd, 2011 at 6:18 pm

I give up. I am taking care of myself and looking in on the relatives. I have heard my last sweet lie. “What? You didn’t know I was on drugs when I asked you to be my wife?” “The dog slept between us.” “The triple x convention was just for fun.” “All those girls at the Playboy Mansion asked if I wanted or had to drugs.”. “You are a nice girl. You will find someone else. I am not the marrieing kind anyway.” “Oh please, don’t leave me. I promise I won’t drive fast and scare you anymore. I promise! Please, don’t leave!”