The Soul Man from Niecy Nash Official Web Site

Jul 24
The Soul Man
Posted by Niecy on July 24th, 2012 under The Blog

My newest project is called THE SOUL MAN starring Cedric the Entertainer. It’s the story of an R&B singer who gets a calling who leaves the stage to become a pastor at his father’s church in St. Louis. When I first heard about this project I was in shock because my ex-husband was also an R&B singer who left the stage because he got called to be a pastor. This is defiantly a case of “ art imitating life” !

We are having soo much fun filming this show. Our cast includes: Wesley Jonathan, Jazz Raycole and John Beasley. We had the opportunity to work with many great guest stars like: Anthony Anderson, Loretta Devine, Sherri Shepherd, Yvette Nicole Brown, Kim Coles, Cedric Yarbrough, Tamar & Trina Braxton and Cee Lo Green.

We were the second highest rated premiere in TV LAND history.  So thank you to everyone who tuned in to make it happen.

Tune in on Wednesday nights at 10PM, your continued support is appreciated.

XOXO,

14 Responses to “The Soul Man”

• Austin Louis Said on July 27th, 2012 at 10:24 am

Hey Niecy I love u on The Soul Man! U are the funniest on the show! Can I have a autographed picture of u? Please Niecy I am your #1 fan!

• Brianna Said on July 28th, 2012 at 10:28 am

Will there be a season 2

• princess Said on July 30th, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Love you Niecey! They picked the right one lady! Keep us laughing my girl!

• Yaminah Said on August 1st, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I am so happy that there is something positive on television again. I love you and Cedrick as entertainers. I really like the fact that it tells real life struggles with dealing with Christianity and worldly desires. Keep going strong!

• Karen C. Said on August 1st, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I love the show!!!! You and Cedric have a great television chemistry. Much success in your endeavors. A devoted fan.

• susie Said on August 1st, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Thanks for the email.Love the show and keep up the good works!

• rojo Said on August 1st, 2012 at 4:50 pm

hey Niecy u r hilarious on the Soul man u and Ced the entertainer have a great chemistry on the show i look forward to Wednesday’s so that i can tune in keep on being u and being funny!!!!

• Carolyn Said on August 2nd, 2012 at 12:10 am

Hi Niecy, loved the show. I hadn’t had the chance to see it until now, and now I got ppl recording it for me. Love you!!

• DEANNA Said on August 2nd, 2012 at 6:39 am

HI NIECY.
    THKS 4 THE EMAIL:D I LVE THE SHOW AND YOU LOOK FAB- QUESTION. WHEN ARE YOU GOING ALLOW YOUR FANS SEE YOU WITHOUT ALL THAT WEAVE? YOU HAVE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL FACE HIDING IT WIHT ALL THAT WEAVE NOT A GOOD LOOK. LVE YA, DEE

• Tonya Said on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:51 am

great job hope to air earlier, so can go to bed on time…lol

• Dave Said on August 2nd, 2012 at 11:26 am

Niecy, you are so CUTE. Love the show!

• Robert Rivera Said on August 3rd, 2012 at 9:59 am

I love the show. You are absolutely gorgeous. Are you on facebook? I am. I first saw you in Dancing With The Stars and when I saw that the Soul Man was going on the air, I just had to see the Soul Woman.

• EMIL'E Said on August 10th, 2012 at 12:46 pm

I LOVE THE SHOW IT IS GREAT. TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET THE SHOES YOU HAD ON ON THE SHOW WHEN SHERRI SHEPPARD WAS ON?

• Korinna Berry Said on August 15th, 2012 at 2:21 am

I have never written an entertainer before I don’t think. I love that art imitates life and even pastors and their kids face the same struggles. Everyone wants to say the kids of a preacher man are the worst. This show has brought Christianity to the forefront with humility and respect. I am a white woman who loves black gospel and man are there some voices on this show!!!! I love it. I love that you are a Mom in real life and I had seen Cedrick the Entertainer before, but together, you all shine, and the young lady who plays daughter Lyric is just delightful. In this day an age they want to make some smart alek comment and make their parents look stupid- thank you writers for bringing some good old parental advice and discipline. I raised my children to have respect. I home school my niece so she can have some and some of these shows have attempted to undo my hard work! Bless you and thank you God for giving us a show we can have faith in! TV Land has had some cool shows- I love them all and Fran Drescher….she is an angel. Betty White? What an icon. I certainly hope you continue to get picked up. Much love to all of you.