Leave it to Niecy from Niecy Nash Official Web Site

Jul 24
Leave it to Niecy
Posted by Niecy on July 24th, 2012 under The Blog

I want to thank those of you who supported my family’s TLC Docu-Sitcom “Leave it to Niecy” (For those of you who missed it you might still be able to catch it on demand).

Many people ask me if its hard doing a reality show with cameras on you all the time and the answer is HECK YEAH! When I was first asked to do a reality type show my answer was NO. I didn’t think it was right for me or for my family. I am a lover not a fighter and I really don’t like drama. So many women in reality TV that look like me are soo mean to each other and it is just not my style.

After several conversations the network promised me that I could be my funny self. So we decided to let the cameras roll. I am so happy that you all got to know my family a little better.  Unfortunately, the show wasn’t the rating success that the network had hoped for. I think that had there been some weave pullin and table turning we may have been still on the air. Nonetheless I can look at myself in the mirror and be at piece with what you got to experience with our family. We are not a perfect bunch but we are perfect for each other…… CRAZY, LOVING & FUN.

The primary goal was to let other blended families know that they were not alone. It’s not always easy but you CAN do it!

I’ll answer some lingering questions…..

Q: Did Dia get a weave yet??
A: Nope! She is still rockin braids.

Q: Does Donielle have a driver’s license yet?
A: She finally has her permit and is close to getting her license.

Q: Did my mom ever get a boyfriend?
A: She is dating but not the guy from the show.

And as far as the family bonding goes we are planning a vacations somewhere fun and sunny as Donielle stated “If you see a black person in the snow they must be lost”.

Much love,

19 Responses to “Leave it to Niecy”

• Zenecia Reed-Anderson Said on July 29th, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Hello Mrs.Niecy Nash,

I am truly not one to sign up to actors sites and blog them (just don’t get the time, I guess…) but because of the fact that I have been a fan for so long of many of your projects including, “Clean-House”, “Let’s Talk About Love” and “Leave it to Niecy” (thank you very much), I had to do it today!

More importantly, this Sunday morning 7/29/2012 while going through emails and stressing about my business, I came across your INSPIRATIONAL speech you gave at ‘One Church International’. All I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I’m sure many like myself was touched by it but for me I felt like you were a close friend sitting right here in my home office speaking from her heart sharing her knowledge and faith to me.

I have a beautiful family of four, daughter 10, son 4, Husband of 5 years but have known him for 8 of those 5. I possess a gift for baking (came from my grandmother) but went to college for Accounting and worked in the corporate environment as an Accountant for 13 years.
    During that time becoming an entrepreneur and owning my own business became a passion and a burning desire that I had NEVER experienced before! With much preparation and sacrifice, I am finally a business owner of ‘Sweeter By The Pound’ and have my own store-front along with some small store accounts.

With all that said, I’ve done all of it on my own and it is still a struggle. I’m at a pivotal point where I just needed one believer to help me get over this hump that I am at to get my doors open (OR AT LEAST I THOUGHT!)
    During your testimony one word stood out to me more than anything….”SELF-esteem”….it’s all about SELF. I had started saying to myself, “why is no one believing in me” (those outside of my home) even family members/friends who told me years ago ‘girl you need to start your own business’ was not supportive once they saw me in action.

Niecy all I can say is THANK YOU again, this is MY thing, I have to continue to believe in it and not expect no one else to have the passion that I do and at the same time continue thanking God for my blessings and what I have accomplished!!…(My husband says that to me all the time, but I don’t absorb it) but when you said it…I had an “ah ha” moment! Thank You Niecy Nash for that moment.

Continue to do what you do for you and your family, it is an honor to be able to say that to you. I can only imagine what the entertainment world can do to a person on the negative end. But you make it look easy because you stay focused on God, family, your new husband AND you stay true to your fans and look good doing it!

By the way, if you EVER want some down-home moist pound cake with a twist that you have NEVER tasted, Give a sista a call, I would be more than happy to ship you some of my infamous ‘baby cakes’ to you….and yes it’s on the house. That is the least I can do for what you have giving today me with your words!!

Mrs. Reed-Anderson

• Ted Amoruso Said on August 1st, 2012 at 2:20 pm

You are the sexiest woman on television! Luv Ya!

• Vanessa Said on August 1st, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Hey there sista’ girl, did your reality show get picked up for another season? I hope so.

Continued success to all you put your hands to!

• Sharyn Paige Said on August 1st, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Niecy, thank you so much for the show you host about bad dates, girl if I told you about a date I had, you and I both would be on the floor.

Keep up the great work, you are a beautiful woman inside and out, maybe one day I will get the chance to meet you.

Take Care
    Stay encouraged
    be blessed
    and contiue to be a blessing.

Remember I Am Blessed Because of You.

Be blessed always

• Yaminah Said on August 1st, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I am sad to hear that the show will not be returning. I am happy that we did get to meet your family through reality tv. You helped me understand that I can move forward in life with Kids and I do not have to be alone doing it. Thank you for setting an example of no ex husband drama.

• Diamond Said on August 1st, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I really love your concept on blending families…my mom tried that with us but it only worked until we got where we were going then we split up I’m 18 & I feel that I have better things to do than hang with my mom,dad,sister & brothers.

• Terran Woods Said on August 1st, 2012 at 6:52 pm

I wish I got a chance to see your first reality show. I’ll search, find and watch it. I been a fan for a while I first took notice with Reno 911. Seen a lot of your work since then. But my all time favorite moment is when I got a chance to be your driver. You were nice as seen on TV. I appreciate that. I’m from St. Louis but I reside in Hawaii. We don’t see many Television stars. So you being down to earth was a good. Be Blessed in all you do. The driver.

• Tamela Heim Said on August 1st, 2012 at 7:30 pm

We Love you Niecy!!!It’s so nice to see a Real woman and not those made up fake plastic one’s that are always shoved down our Thoat’s,Pease out sister and thank you for keeping it real <3333

• Sandra Said on August 1st, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Hey Niecy,
    Gday from Australia, everytime I clean the house I think of you, too funny eh, I box things up and jazzed up my apron with beads and jewels to have the same pizzaz you have on Clean house. It works you know I always look so glamorous cleaning a large flower in my hair just wouldnt have worked for me.
    So love your gorgeous personality, congrats on your wedding anniversay, tootles for now from Kalgoorlie Western Australia xoxoxox

• Ty-Tyesha Said on August 1st, 2012 at 10:55 pm

I loved your show “Leave It To Niecy”! You have a beautiful family, and all so funny too. Sad to hear it not returning, maybe another network can pick it up…my fingers are crossed:)

• Tonya Said on August 2nd, 2012 at 10:46 am

I loved the show; the network didnt take in consideration the time Sundays at 10:00. I was on my way to bed and had to strain to stay up. That’s cause I loved the show. It needed to be on earlier and on Mondays or Tuesdays. It was also competing with the RHWOA… so I think it was fabulous. Kids had me cracking up. Loved the love you and Jay had too.

• sharon gober Said on August 2nd, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I am soorry you’re reality show didn’t make becaused i loved it i guess it was to clean and wholesome for hollywood but oh well at least you’re still working and i’m still watching as your loyal fan. I love your family love

• Kim Said on August 2nd, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Niecy – I just love your humor. I am enjoying Soul Man, but I sure can’t wait for Leave it to Niecy to come back. : ) God bless!

• Melissa Said on August 6th, 2012 at 11:51 am

Niecy, I love everything that you have done so far. I appreciate your positivity. Girl, whenever I am down, I know that I can get a laugh from you. Thanks for the relationship information that you give us single women. Girl, I had to recently cut a joker lose who did not value me. I guess you can say that “I had to CLEAN HOUSE”. God bless you and your family. Keep me in your prayers.

• SANDY HUNTER Said on August 7th, 2012 at 8:03 pm

What can i do to get your show “Leave It To Neicey” back on the air. Your youngest Daughter reminds me of my 11yr old niece, she was in love with the show. The best family reality show you and the kids could watch. They didn’t give it a chance. Thank you for you and your family for sharing your life with us. Love Ya!!!

• Tracey-Ann Said on August 7th, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Hi Niecy, I absolutely loved your mayhem and foolishness on Clean House and Leave It To Niecy. Haven’t found Soul Man on my cable yet, but I know you and Cedric has it locked. Congrats on all future endeavors and much love to the fam.

Xoxo

• oyuki Hernandez Said on August 22nd, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Pls came back I miss you

• oyuki Said on August 23rd, 2012 at 12:00 am

:.( ITs sad that are u are not on the show no more but u are in my <3.
    What can you do niecy came back pls bec all ur fan miss you and love ur show. you were the best and rock on the show love you niecy

• oyuki z ramos Said on August 23rd, 2012 at 12:06 am

:.( what can you do CAME BACK bec I miss u alot and also all your fans